Chattogram, Bangladesh, 11th February 2024, The Canadian Immigration Service launched the Canadian eTA in 2015 to improve tourist screening and validate their eligibility to enter the country before they travel. This means that British citizens can travel to Canada with a Canadian eTA instead of a tourist visa. British citizens (and the majority of their Overseas Territories and Crown Dependencies) do not require a visa to visit Canada if they have a Canadian Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). The Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is a digital visa waiver that allows citizens of the United Kingdom and other visa-free countries to enter Canada. To be eligible for the eTA, British nationals must meet the requirements set by Canada. The British are among the few nations whose citizens are exempt from the short-term visa obligation in Canada. British citizens must apply for a Canada eTA visa to enter Canada for tourism, business, transit or medical purposes. British citizens with an eTA can stay visa-free for up to 6 months. Once approved, the Canadian eTA is valid for 5 years or until the traveler’s UK passport expires, whichever comes first. During the validity period, the travel authorization allows multiple entries into Canada. The eTA is electronically linked to the British passport registered in the original application. The Canadian eTA allows British citizens to take advantage of this visa waiver. It is available via a simple online application. The eTA is usually processed very quickly, and the travel authorization is sent by email.
CANADA VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR BRITISH CITIZENS
- A British passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel.
- You can use a credit or debit card to pay for the eTA fees.
- A valid email address to receive the eTA in their Inbox.
Despite Canada’s remarkable cultural diversity, witnessing the harmonious coexistence of various cultures firsthand is critical to truly appreciating the country’s strength and allure. Individuals from Romania who wish to travel to Canada by air for a period of up to six months must apply online for a Canadian eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization). This requirement applies to all Romanian citizens who travel to the country for a short period. Romanians, like citizens from 52 other countries, can obtain a Canadian eTA at airports, allowing them to enter Canada multiple times for up to six months. The introduction of the Canadian eTA in 2016 aimed to simplify the process of obtaining travel authorization for international visitors exempt from visas, including Romanian nationals. Consequently, this online visa waiver system has significantly reduced waiting times at Canadian border crossings. Those who are traveling for tourism, business, medical or consultation purposes, or transiting the country en route to their final destination are eligible to apply for an eTA. Once they have received an approved electronic permit, Romanian passport holders can travel to Canada without a visa. An approved Canadian eTA allows a maximum stay of 6 months in Canada with each entry, while its full validity is 5 years for airport entry from the date of issue or until the expiry date of the associated passport. Applying for a Canadian eTA is a quick and easy process. Romanian citizens can easily access the application form through the Canada Online Visa website.
WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS’ REQUIREMENTS?
- Valid passport – verify that your passport has a valid date of six more months from your arrival in Canada.
- An e-mail address – before entering your email, make sure it is really valid because all communication will be done through this email.
- Means of payment – to finish your application, you must make a payment and for that, you can use a credit/debit card or PayPal account.
Barbadians and citizens of 60 other countries can enter Canada for tourism, business, or transit. Each entry allows for a maximum of six months’ stay. Barbadians, like many other nationalities, do not need a visa to visit Canada. This is because they qualify for the Canadian Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). The eTA, which was launched in 2015, is a digital visa waiver program designed to improve border security and facilitate international travel. The eTA is valid for five years from the date of issuance and allows the holder to stay in Canada for up to 180 consecutive days and make multiple entries. When the eTA is approved, it is electronically linked to the traveler’s passport. The Canadian eTA completely eliminates the need to visit a Canadian embassy or consulate in person to obtain a visa as the process is completed entirely online.
DOCUMENTS REQUIREMENTS FOR BARBADOS CITIZENS
- Valid passport – don’t try to apply for a Canada ETA if your passport doesn’t have a validation of 6 more months from the date of arrival in the country of Canada.
- Email – you will receive all the information about your ETA in this email. So, ensure that you provide a valid e-mail without typing errors, and don’t forget that once you get your ETA, print it and keep it with you always.
- Payment methods – You can use a credit/debit card or PayPal account to pay for your application online.
Belgian citizens must acquire a valid eTA or visa to enter Canada legally. However, they now have the convenience of applying for a visa waiver online to visit Canada. The Canadian eTA for Belgian nationals was implemented in 2016, allowing them to obtain an electronic travel authorization without visiting an embassy or consulate. If their stay in Canada is less than six months, they can apply for a visa waiver through the ETA application process. Belgian citizens must obtain a Canada eTA visa in order to visit Canada for tourism, business, medical, or transit purposes for no more than six months. The approved eTA for Canada from Belgium allows multiple entries into the country and is valid for five years from the date of issuance, eliminating the need for a new application before each trip. Travelers wishing to travel to Canada for other reasons such as study or work should contact the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate for more information. Once a Canadian electronic permit is approved, it is automatically linked electronically to the traveler’s passport. The eTA is easy to apply for by filling out a quick online form. A short application form must be filled out.
Canadian Visa Requirements for Belgium Citizens
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – You can use credit or debit cards, but you can also use a PayPal account.
Are you planning a trip to Canada soon? It is recommended that you submit the CBSA Declaration ahead of time. To improve border processing efficiency, complete the electronic customs declaration prior to departure and submit Canada’s optional Advance CBSA Declaration. This pioneering initiative is part of a larger program that employs cutting-edge digital tools to improve travel document processing. If you have anything to declare when you arrive in Canada, such as large sums of money, valuable jewelry, alcoholic beverages, and/or food, simply fill out the online form before leaving. You must print the document and present it to Canadian border officials or airport kiosks upon arrival. International visitors coming in Canada can fill out the customs declaration at the airport, although it is easier to do so in advance online. The Advance CBSA Declaration tool makes the process simple and speedy. You must submit the form 72 hours before your arrival.
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Opinion Bulletin journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.