Dr. Grisel Martos uses Cone Beam CT, an advanced imaging technique to examine the complete dentition and provide with critical information for those considering implant surgery.
Florida, USA, 4th August 2022, ZEXPRWIRE, With 3-D scanning, Dr. Grisel Martos creates a three-dimensional model of the jaw and teeth. The 3-D model assists in planning for complex implant procedures before she begins.Dr. Grisel projects a 3-D model of the patient’s teeth after the procedure is done using the Cone Beam CT. This reveals more information about the treatment and helps the patient and doctor to anticipate what will happen after the implant.
Dental cone beam computed tomography (CT) is a special type of x-ray equipment that Dr. Grisel Martos uses when regular dental or facial x-rays are insufficient. She uses this technology at My Smile Miami to produce three-dimensional (3-D) images of teeth, soft tissues, nerve pathways and bone in a single scan.
Cone Beam CT scanner uses special technology to generate three-dimensional (3-D) images of dental structures, soft tissues, nerve paths and bone in the craniofacial region in a single scan. Images obtained with cone beam CT by Dr. Martos allow for more precise treatment planning.
- The concentrated x-ray beam eliminates scattered radiation, resulting in improved image quality.
- A single scan produces various views and angles that can be manipulated to provide a complete evaluation.
- Conventional dental x-ray photographs are basic and limited in terms of information. Cone beam CT scans, on the other hand, provide greater detail than traditional dental x-ray imaging and allow for more precise treatment planning.t
- CT scanning is accurate, non-invasive and painless.
- A major advantage of CT is its ability to image bone and soft tissue simultaneously.
- After a CT scan, no radiation is left in a patient’s body.
- CT scanning using x-rays has little or no long-term side effects.
Overall, CBCT has revolutionized implant dentistry. Scanning equipment and advancements in viewing software have led to more accurate treatment planning due to technological innovation.
About Dr. Grisel Martos
Dr. Martos graduated with honors from the University of Havana with a Dental Medicine degree. She subsequently went to Nova Southeastern University in the United States for her postgraduate education. She received her Diploma from honorable Jeb Bush, Governor of Florida at the time, after graduating from Nova Southeastern University’s prestigious dental school.
Dr. Martos has been practising Invisalign since 2001. Since becoming a Premier Invisalign Provider in 2017, she has been a member of an elite group of General Dentists for Invisalign. She’s also been an Invisalign Platinum Provider in 2018, 2019, and 2020. From 2021 onwards, she became a Top 1% Invisalign Diamond Provider.
Dr. Martos is also a Digital Smile Design Certification Master with Christian Coachman at NYU. Her website https://www.mysmilemiami.com/ is an online resource for cutting-edge dental treatments.
The Post Dr. Grisel Martos Uses Cone Beam CT, An Advanced Imaging Technique appeared first on Zex PR Wire
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Opinion Bulletin journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.