Bioplastics International and 454 Bags Partner to Eliminate 150,000 Annual Tons of Plastic Waste from the Cannabis Industry
Scottsdale, Arizona May 16, 2023 (Issuewire.com) – Bioplastics International has partnered with a large California-based cannabis supply company, to partake in the monumental task to eliminate the annual 300 million pounds of cannabis plastic pollution. As cannabis is one of the largest industries in the US, when so many states legalized cannabis for adult use, they overlooked the complete environmental destruction caused by the huge amounts of plastic waste. “States were quick to enforce a multitude of packaging regulations, childproof, tamper proof, resealable, and more, but not one single concern of how the cannabis industry hundreds of millions of pounds of annual plastics are completely destroying our environment,” said Garrett Valentino, CEO of Bioplastics International.
Bioplastics International has authorized 454 Bags exclusive rights in the cannabis industry, to offer plant-based proprietary blended landfill compostable products such as vacuum bags, tote liners, drum liners, retail packaging, grow trays, irrigation lines, and much more to the cannabis industry. These products contain no plastics, no chemicals, no toxins, no heavy metals, and will not create microplastics, yet they are stronger than traditional plastics. 454 Bags will also offer the world’s first and only landfill compostable trellis nets to growers, eliminating the costs associated with proper disposal.
Valentino emphasized, ” Yes, the prices may be a little higher, but this goes beyond saving our environment, this is also about saving lives. More than 10,000 chemicals and deadly phthalates are used to make plastic as processing aides. On a molecular level, these toxic phthalates do not bind well with plastic, they easily come off onto anything in contact with plastic, including cannabis. From the grower to the consumer, cannabis is in constant contact with plastics, turkey bags, tote liners, vacuum bags, and more. Some of the health risks posed by plastic additives and phthalates in contact with cannabis are, infertility, diabetes, prostate cancer, breast cancer, thyroid malfunction, cardiovascular disease, reproductive growth, cognitive impairment, and neurodevelopment disorders, among many others.”
“Plastics also contain the heavy metal Antimony, similar to Arsenic, which will also be released into cannabis, expedited by light or heat, the side effects of Antimony poisoning are, lung inflammation, altered lung function, inactive tuberculosis, Alzheimer’s disease, heart muscle damage, gastrointestinal disorders, and liver fibrosis, to name a few. Along with a dose of microplastics and nano plastics in your lungs, smoking cannabis stored in plastic is like playing Russian Roulette with your life,” said George Liu, Executive Vice President of Bioplastics International.
TJ Howe, CEO of 454 Bags, commented, “We are delighted to partner with Bioplastics International and offer the world’s most environmentally friendly cannabis supply and packaging products, not only to end the environmental destruction of cannabis plastic waste, but also to maintain the health of cannabis users, this has been long overdue, and we are up for the task!”
The combined efforts of Bioplastics International and 454 Bags will eliminate more than 150,000 tons per year of cannabis plastic waste from our environment, lasting for 1,000 years in a landfill, emitting methane gas into our atmosphere, and contaminating our underground water resources with deadly chemicals. “Recycling does not work, less than 9% of plastics are recycled in the US each year, and the remaining 91% end up in our landfills and oceans. Together we can bring our planet back to its natural beauty, and ensure a safe, healthy environment for us and future generations,” said Valentino. https;//www.bioplasticsinternational.com
7135 E. Camelback Rd. Suite 230 Scottsdale, Arizona 85251
Source :Bioplastics International
This article was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Opinion Bulletin journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.